Our October JJAT conference registration is open. Please go HERE for registration and lodging information.
The Juvenile Justice Association of Texas would like to express our sincere condolences to a good friend of the field, Jeremiah Edison with Glen Mills, for the loss of his courageous and loving wife. She fought long and hard to beat cancer. We ask for your support by contributing to a GoFundMe account set up in her name. If you would like to contribute please follow this TeamJoci link.
The Juvenile Justice Association of Texas, or JJAT, was formed after a core work group of approximately 40 representatives heldmeetings to discuss the needs of the juvenile probation, detention and residential services personnel, as well as the legislative issues that affect the lives of the children in our system. Too many times, our viewpoints and concerns were blended with the adult system, the school system and others, and we just got lost in the shuffle. With this Association, our goal is simple: Juvenile Justice.
Our Primary Objectives
- Promote unity among Juvenile Justice practitioners.
- To identify Legislative solutions to issues that affect the lives of Texas Children.
- Provide training to enhance the professional development of the membership.
- Encourage the use of technology to enhance the delivery of services.
- Promote research and evaluate studies to improve quality of services.
- Increase public awareness of Juvenile Probation Services.
- Advocate for the advancement of Juvenile Justice personnel.
Thank you to our website sponsors:
For more information about the Hector Garza Center go here.