OUR CONFERENCE LOCATION HAS FILLED UP BUT THE COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT JUST NEXT DOOR HAS ROOMS AVAILABLE AT THE STATE GOVERNMENT RATE. PLEASE CONTACT THEM AT (325) 695-9600 AND ASK FOR THE STATE RATES.
Our October JJAT conference registration is open. Please go HERE for the agenda, registration and lodging information and here for the golf tournament registration.
The Juvenile Justice Association of Texas, or JJAT, was formed after a core work group of approximately 40 representatives heldmeetings to discuss the needs of the juvenile probation, detention and residential services personnel, as well as the legislative issues that affect the lives of the children in our system. Too many times, our viewpoints and concerns were blended with the adult system, the school system and others, and we just got lost in the shuffle. With this Association, our goal is simple: Juvenile Justice.
Our Primary Objectives
- Promote unity among Juvenile Justice practitioners.
- To identify Legislative solutions to issues that affect the lives of Texas Children.
- Provide training to enhance the professional development of the membership.
- Encourage the use of technology to enhance the delivery of services.
- Promote research and evaluate studies to improve quality of services.
- Increase public awareness of Juvenile Probation Services.
- Advocate for the advancement of Juvenile Justice personnel.
Thank you to our website sponsors:
For more information about the Hector Garza Center go here.